1. The National Council provides excellent Civil Liability Insurance free of charge to all of its registered members covering you on all organised digs as well as your own permissions.
2. A quarterly colour newsletter 'Digging Deep' - posted directly to your home address.
3. The National Council maintains an archive of documents relating to events affecting the hobby for the use of its membership.
4. The NCMD seeks the opinions of its membership on matters affecting the hobby as they arise and keeps them informed on developments.
5. The National Council provides a means whereby the consensus views of its membership can be represented both at Local and National Government level, with the Local and National Press, and any other organisations which may have an interest in hobby activities.
6. The National Council holds meetings attended by regional representatives. It has an Annual General Meeting for the election of officers, to give reports on its activities and to present audited annual accounts for the scrutiny and questioning of all of its membership.
7. Various social events, rallies, exhibitions etc. are arranged by NCMD regions.
To join the NCMD you just need to CLICK HERE
Please remember that only members of The LP Club can purchase their NCMD membership through us. If you have any questions please call us on 01635 597975.
The National Council for Metal Detecting (NCMD) is a representative body of elected volunteers formed in 1981 to provide a means whereby responsible metal detector users would have a democratic forum to discuss problems affecting the hobby and to provide an authoritative voice to counter ill-informed and frequently misleading criticism of the hobby.
It does not represent the trade or archaeological interests.
The NCMD has gained Government recognition as an organisation which represents metal detector users countrywide. It has played a major role in representing the views of those metal detector users to Government Departments regarding legislation affecting the hobby.